Monday, March 25, 2013

Blog HW 3/14

I choose to use the Proquest Research Library. I haven't used that database before, I always stick to Galileo. The Proquest database was a little confusing. I really didn't like it, only because it wasn't straight to the point like Galileo. Proquest, sometimes the information that you are looking for doesn't come up in one search. You definitely have to use key searches, I think. Like stated before it wasn't that helpful for me because with Galileo you can find books, articles, and websites in a second unlike Proquest you have do a couple of searching techniques. The searching technique that I use the most is quotations. I feel that it helps the most because it searches exactly what I want. I did use my research topic 'Fashion around the world' for the search. I used quotations and it really didn't help on Proquest. I did not find any new information that I could use for my research.

2 comments:

  1. Celena,

    You chose fashion identity around the world as your topic. You stated that you will compare U.S., Africa, France, and Japan and how personality and culture shape fashion trends. Your stance is that fashion helps construct an identity. I think your topic is interesting and you seem to be an expert on this sort of thing, so good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celena, I find your topic particularly interesting because I have never really thought to see how the fashion differs between different countries. I have always known that culture and fashion was different but I have never given it too much thought. I think your question is good because it can be addressed from two different sides, however I do believe that you could add the specific countries you are comparing into the question. I also suggest having a more specific database, it may help you narrow down any results that you are getting. Overall I find your topic very intriguing and I cannot wait to hear more from you!

    ReplyDelete