Monday, March 4, 2013

3/5 BlogPost

Twitter: http://www.divasinc.co.za/2013/03/fashion-week-fever/#.UTSCQCNEmas.twitter
Newsvine: http://leejaywalker.newsvine.com/_news/2011/05/28/6738562-japanese-fashion-buzzing-with-spirit-and-energy-in-tokyo
Reddit:  http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/fashion-week-in-dubai


 
The tools that I choose to use were Twitter, Newsvine, and Reddit. I have never used Newsvine or Reddit to do any searching, these sources were pretty good to use. Yes, these tools were useful for finding information on my topic. I searched fashion and of course on a social media website such as Twitter there was a lot of information and links I could have chosen from. Surprisingly, I thought that Newsvine would not have anything on my topic but they I did found an article on the Japanese fashion. Most of the articles or blogs that I did find were about the previous fashion week that was held in different countries such as Paris and Dubai. Reddit and Newsvine would probably be more useful for me if I needed some research or another type of source to look at but Twitter would most-likely be used for my interest. My purpose for using social media is for entertainment. I mostly use it when I'm bored or looking for someone. The social media that I use all the time is Instagram! I love it, I like to look at pictures that people post. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Celena, great that you were able to find some information on your topic with these tools. You're right that Twitter will have a lot of varied types of posts, and as such it can be used in many different ways. Reddit and Newsvine are usually best for scanning for recent updates and news in a particular field. And as we mentioned in class, the emphasis is definitely on the current and not the larger context. Instagram is another great social network! But definitely more for entertainment.

    ReplyDelete